We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy provides you with the details of how any personal data we collect from you or that you provide us with, will be used and processed. Printroom @ First Colour do not collect personal information unless you volunteer it to us.
Information from the user.
We may collect and process the following aspects of data about you:
Information that you provide us when filling in forms on our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The Company requires that customers provide certain personal information such as name, telephone number, email and address during the purchase process. This is standard proceedure whether an order is placed on-line, via telephone or in person. Details of visits to our site in the form of analytics which may include the areas of the site you visit, time spent on our site and where you were directed from to reach the site. All of the above enables us to provide a better service to you when responding to customer service requests, quickly process your transactions and send periodic emails regarding the status of your order or other offers based on you historic purchases.
In accordance with law we agree not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses. We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way. We will include the physical address of our business and monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used. We will allow customers and prospects to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each marketing email and donor those opt-out requests quickly.
Personal Identifiable Information is stored in our internal database, controlled by our administrative staff and electronically accessed only. Security measures are in place to ensure that our customers data is not accessible to any unauthorised persons. However, persons such as IT systems suppliers may need to have access from time to time.
We'll keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. After that relationship has ended we'll continue to keep that information for a period of 6 years to enable us to comply with our legal obligations such as record keeping for tax purposes and our legitimate interests.
Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions Application and entire agreement
1. These terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods detailed in our quotation (Goods) by the buyer (You) from Printroom @ First Colour is a company registered in England and Wales.
2. These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or the quotation or from the date of any delivery or collection of the Goods (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
3. These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
4. A “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
5. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
6. Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa. Goods
7. The description of the Goods is et out in our sales documentation, unless
expressly changed in our quotation. In accepting the quotation you acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, promise or other representations about the Goods by us. Descriptions of the Goods set out in our sales documentation are intended as a guide only.
8. We can make changes to the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or regulatory requirements.
9. The price (Price) of the Goods is et out in our quotation current at the date of your order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
10. If the cost of the Goods to us increases due to any factor beyond our control including, but not limited to, material costs, labour costs, alteration of exchange rates or duties, or change to delivery rates, we can increase the Price prior to delivery or collection.
11. Any increase in the Price under the above clause will only take place after we have informed you about it.
12.You may be entitled to discounts. Any and all discounts will be at our discretion.
13.The Price is exclusive of fees for packaging and transportation/delivery.
14.The Price is exclusive of any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
15. Credit facilities may be granted to applicants who complete the Seller’s Credit Account Application Form and who satisfy the Seller’s criteria as set out from time to time. Where facilities are granted the Seller reserves the right to withdraw them at any time, without having to give their reasons and, in such a case, all outstanding invoices become due and payable immediately.
16. It is the Buyer's responsibility to maintain a copy of any original Electronic File provided by the Buyer. The Seller shall not be responsible for checking the accuracy of supplied input from an electronic file unless otherwise agreed in writing. Without prejudice to, if an electronic file is not suitable for outputting on equipment normally adequate for such purposes without adjustment or other corrective action the Seller may make a charge for any resulting additional cost incurred or may reject the file without prejudice to his rights to payment for work done/material purchased.
17. Metal, film and other materials owned by the Buyer and supplied to the Seller for the production of type, plates, filmsetting, negatives, positives, electronic files and the like shall remain the Buyer's exclusive property. However where the content is generated by the Seller, the Seller may, in order to protect his intellectual property rights and at his absolute discretion, replace such material with unused material of a similar or better quality. The Seller may reject any film, discs, paper, plates, electronic files or other materials supplied or specified by the Buyer which appear to him to be unsuitable for the purpose intended.
18. Buyer's property and all property supplied to the Seller by or on behalf of the Buyer shall while it is in the possession of the Seller or in transit to or from the Buyer be deemed to be at Buyer's risk unless otherwise agreed in writing and the Buyer should insure accordingly. The Seller shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any Buyer's property left with the Seller before receipt of the order or after notification to the Buyer of completion of the work. The risk in the Work and all goods delivered in connection with the Work shall pass to the Buyer on delivery and the Buyer should insure accordingly. On completion of the Work, the Seller will store the Buyer’s materials and Work for a maximum of one month, after which time they will be destroyed without further notice.
19. The Seller shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the Buyer where the Buyer has been provided with proofs. The Buyer's alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to the Seller's judgement, changes therefrom made by the Buyer shall be charged extra. Where the Buyer specifically waives any requirement to examine proofs the Seller is indemnified by the Buyer against any and all errors in the finished Work. Colour proofs Due to differences in equipment, paper, inks and other conditions between colour proofing and production runs, a reasonable variation in colour between colour proofs and the completed job will be deemed acceptable unless otherwise agreed in writing. Variations in quantity Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered, but estimates are conditional upon margins of 5 per cent for work being allowed for overs or unders the same to be charged or deducted, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
20. Advice of damage, delay or loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to the Seller and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 3 days of notification of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to the Seller and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 7 days of notification of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to the Seller within 7 days of delivery. The Seller shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the Buyer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) the claim was made as soon as reasonably possible. If the Work is defective so that the Buyer may in law reject it, said rejection must take place within 7 days of delivery of the goods, failing which the Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Work. In the event of all or any claims or rejections the Seller reserves the right to inspect the Work within seven days of the claim or rejection being notified.
21. The Seller shall be under no liability if he shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his reasonable control including (without limiting the foregoing): Act of God; legislation; war; fire; flood; drought; inadequacy or unsuitability of any instructions, electronic file or other data or materials supplied by the Buyer; failure of power supply; lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute; or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the Buyer may by written notice to the Seller elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
22. Illegal matter. The Seller shall not be required to print any matter which in his opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or
an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party. The Seller shall be indemnified by the Buyer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of the printing by the Seller for the Buyer of any illegal or unlawful matter including matter which is libellous or infringes copyright, patent, design or any other proprietary or personal rights. The indemnity shall include (without limitation) any amounts paid on a lawyer's advice in settlement of any claim that any matter is libellous or such an infringement.
23. These conditions and all other express and implied terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
As a Company, we strongly believe in our social responsibility to the environment. To demonstrate our active commitment to this, we ensure all our suppliers have a Renewable Resources Policy. Furthermore our paper suppliers must adhere to strict guidelines as set out by the Forest Stewardship Council.
We recycle 100% of our cardboard and paper waste, 100% of our metal and glass waste and 100% of our plastic waste via Convert Waste Management.
We actively reduce our carbon footprint by switching off all unused VDU's, personal computers, printers and lights.
We carefully consider power usage, standby usage and auto shut down times when purchasing any new equipment